Assistant Programmer , Part -Time
Reporting to the Program Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting in planning, coordinating and implementation of the District’s recreational programs. Performs representational duties related to assigned functions:
· Assists in the development and execution of comprehensive recreation programs and related youth and adult activities including communitywide special events; special interest classes; summer youth and adult classes.
· Assists in the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of recreation programs, activities, and projects.
· Performs representational duties for assigned parks, facilities and programs with community, special interest groups, public agencies, contractors and the general public.
· Motivates, develops, and evaluates seasonal staff.
· Positively responds to comments and constructively addresses community complaints
· Comprehensive knowledge of public recreation principles
· Working knowledge of leisure and outdoor recreation, techniques, principles, and practices.
· Undergraduate or associate degree from an accredited college or university in recreation or a closely related field.
· One to two years of experience in the field of recreation.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted at the discretion of the Director.
A valid State of Ohio driver’s license is a condition of initial and continued employment in this position.
Some evening and weekend shifts are required of this position.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for THIS POSITION contact Heather Ficke at:
2751 Washington Mill Road, Bellbrook, Ohio 45305
Phone: 937-848-3535 or fax: 937-848-6252
For general inquiries contact:
Jeff Stewart (Director) at email@example.com