In May, the Park Board will seat a new commissioner! Commissioner Howard Ackerman will step down having completed his term.
Serving on the Bellbrook Sugarcreek Park District Board of Commissioners is a rewarding way to contribute to the quality of life in Bellbrook and Sugarcreek Township!
Here are some basics to consider:
- Commissioners serve without compensation;
- Commissioners must be a resident of Bellbrook or Sugarcreek Township and a U.S. citizen;
- There are three commissioners on the Board;
- Terms are for three years;
- Commissioners are selected and appointed by the Greene County Court of Common Pleas;
- Commissioners attend monthly board meetings generally held the fourth Thursday of the month, and any special meetings or work sessions as needed;
- Commissioners may be required to attend grand openings, community-wide events and select programs throughout the year;
- Commissioners are an advocate and ambassador for the Park District, assisting in public relations, outreach, levy campaigns and fundraising;
- Commissioners represent the mission and vision of the Park District.
If interested, please see the application instructions.
Applications are due to the Park District no later than March 8, 2022, with the official term beginning on May 26, 2022. Dates are subject to change.
Interested residents may contact us to get more information about the requirements, the position and the application process. Call 937-848-3535 for more information, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You may also contact us via email at email@example.com.